Tuesday, May 2, 2017


Elder Durrant has completed his mission and returning home!!

His return is May 5th. He will have his homecoming talk at the Ricks Creek Ward at the Centerville North Stake Center on May 14th from 9:00AM.

Well Done Elder!! Well Done!

Last email below.



Hey Y'all!
How's everyone doing? Well, this is my first and last group email of
my mission. I just never really got around to doing group emails for
some reason. I guess I just liked to personalize things.

Well, as the title also suggested this is my last P-day on my mission.
The two years has come to an end. It's crazy how fast two years has
gone by. I still can't process the fact that I'm going home this week.
It never really hit me until yesterday when I had to pack my suitcases
and give a short talk in sacrament meeting about my mission. All I can
say is that it has been a ride! These past two years have been the
time of my life. It's sad to say that my time here in Japan has come
to an end. I have truly been able to love my mission, the gospel, and
the people I served. I don't want this experience to end but all good
things must come to an end. I have lived in Japan now for 10 years of
my life. I've always loved Japan but these past two years have helped
me have a deeper love and a more personal connection to this country.

I just wanted to give a quick shoutout to all of you all and say
thanks. Each and every one of you have helped me and inspired me
before, and during my mission. You have all had a profound influence
on me and the decision I made to go on a mission, and the decisions
I've made on my mission. I couldn't have done it without you.

I am truly grateful for the opportunity I have had to serve the Lord
in the Japan Kobe Mission these past two years. I have loved every
area I've served in, every companion I had, and every missionary I've
had the opportunity to work with. I am grateful for all the good, bad,
hard, easy, fun, painful, joyful, and spiritual experiences I have had
on my mission. Each one of those experiences have helped me build a
firm foundation upon the rock of my redeemer. I'm thankful for trials,
not because they are fun or easy, but because of the opportunity I
have to learn and grow from them. I have truly been able to strengthen
my testimony that God loves all of us and has a plan for all of us,
that the afflictions we may face in our lives truly are for our gain,
and that our Heavenly Father will be right there cheering us on and
helping us so we can overcome our trials. God loves broken things and
through him we can be made perfect.
The gospel is true. The savior lives. Heavenly Father truly does love us.

Thank you all for all your love and support these past two years. To
those who are home, I'll see you in a few days. To those who aren't,
I'll see you whenever you get back haha. Also, to all my past
companions, starting with my trainer Jonathan (oh man that sounds so
weird), the promise is still there that we are all going to a Taylor
Swift concert once everyone is back. #TraditionsOfOurFathers

I love you all and will end with the words of Jacob in Jacob7:27
"And I, Elder Durrant, saw that I must soon go down to my grave...And
I make an end of my writing upon these plates, which writing has been
small; and to the reader I bid farewell, hoping that many of my
brethren may read my words. Brethren, adieu."

Thank you all and have a great week!

- Elder Durrant

No comments:

Post a Comment