Monday, April 20, 2015

Hey Guys!
So today for our P-Day we went down to Osaka and hung out with some
other Elders. They are both football players for BYU. One of them was
with me in the MTC. His name is Elder Griffitts and he's a backup QB
for BYU. Gotta love Griffitts. We used to hang out a lot in the MTC together.

Anyways, so we went down to Osaka to see them and had lunch with a
former investigator of theirs. The missionaries originally dropped
him, but the former investigator loves the missionaries so still likes
to do stuff with them, just not hear the gospel. He took us 4 to lunch
and we ate トンカツ. It was really good and they had a curry bar. All you
can eat curry.  





After we ate we walked around downtown Osaka for a bit and went to some stores. One of
the elders, Elder Baldwin, was looking for a samurai sword and we
couldn't find one. We told them to come down to Kyoto in a couple
weeks and we can easily find one there... Haha I think we're planning
on meeting up again in Kyoto in 3 weeks.

This Saturday marks me gone for officially one month! I'm not sure if
it went slow or fast but I guess I enjoyed it so far. There
have definitely been hard times but there have been more times where I know I want to
be here. The fields a lot different from the MTC. It's a lot of hard
work but it's good work and it's a lot of fun. That's the key I think.
 I'm really thankful I got a trainer like Elder Pace.
Kyoto has been good. It rains almost everyday which kind of sucks.
Plus it's getting more and more humid everyday. Today was horrible
because we rode the train a lot and it was so humid outside so I feel
pretty gross. The でんどう has been ok. Right now we have 1 recent
convert, 2 baptisms coming up, 9 investigators, and 3 potential
investigators. Hopefully by this week we will have 12 investigators.
We're shooting for 3 new P.I's every week, which is kind of a stretch
because one is ready hard enough.

This past week, we saw a bunch of guys protesting against the military base in Okinawa which
was pretty lame. They were all in their 50's, 60's, and 70's and all
had these stuffed animal hats on. I'm pro military so it was kind of
funny. They will be sorry when North Korea attacks. Haha.

 I had to give a talk in sacrament meeting yesterday. I was so surprised to see how

small the ward was. Ward membership is only around 80 but only like 50
people showed up yesterday. I gave a little introduction about myself
and ended with a short testimony on the Book of Mormon. 

So I saw the pictures, lots of snow! I would take snow over rain any
day. How did Ayumi do on her recital? I heard she did awesome! Wish I
could of seen it. I saw a picture of all the frogs and of dad mowing
the lawn. Is that really a lawn mower? The lawn looks good though. A
lot bigger then Nagoya's!

I can check emails anytime I have wifi but I can only send emails out
on P-Day.  Let's see how this next week is! Oh, and could you send me
the ring please? I'm so excited to see how it turned out!
Love you guys and miss you lots!

Elder Durrant

P.S: Here is a pic of a member who was in the Yakuza. He left that life and now is a strong member of the church and a good friend of ours.




No comments:

Post a Comment